Welcome to North Side Housing and Supportive Services!
North Side Housing and Supportive Services works to help people end their homelessness through housing and comprehensive supportive services. With your partnership, we are on track to help more than 500 people this year. We serve men and women who are homeless or formerly homeless.
Because homelessness is a complex issue, we provide a variety of programs to help our clients, including interim housing, permanent supportive housing, a day support services center, extensive employment services, health services, and other programs. Click on the links below to learn more about our services and how they help people in our community.
- Interim Housing - A 72-bed program for men in the Uptown neighborhood that provides intensive case management, shelter, food, and many other services, with the goal of helping clients become permanently housed within 120 days.
- Day Support Services Center - An outreach and engagement center in Uptown where anyone who is homeless can come for case management, mental health services, housing referrals, and many other services.
- Permanent Supportive Housing - A housing-first program consisting of 155 grant-funded studio apartments or SRO units with case management and other services to help our clients remain stably housed.
- Integrative Health Care - To provide for our clients’ physical and mental health care needs, we employ a nurse practitioner, mental health professionals, and a health care advocate.
- Pathways - Our Pathways Street Program provides direct employment to our clients via street cleaning and beautification.
Please consider making a large financial donation to North Side Housing and Supportive Services. You’ll be supporting an organization that is providing concrete services to those who need it most, helping them become stably housed, healthy, and employed.
You can donate online via PayPal, or you can send your much-needed donation to:
North Side Housing and Supportive Services
3340 N. Clark Street, Suite 203
Chicago, IL 60657
We also welcome you to come for a visit or a tour, or to come to one of our open houses. If you would like to meet with us, please contact Roger Engelmann, Associate Executive Director, at 773-661-1431 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several of our programs are also in need of donations of supplies and equipment, including Interim Housing, Permanent Supportive Housing, and the Day Support Services Center.
You can find a list of needed supplies and contact information at the bottom of each of these program pages.
We’re in need of volunteers to assist at our men’s Interim Housing (shelter) program in Uptown. Volunteers will assist with the following alongside a staff member:
• Answering phones
• Greeting participants
• Filing paperwork
• Interacting with participants
• Serving food
• Other assistance as needed
Volunteers should be able to commit to a four hour shift at least twice a week. Shifts occur each day from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Interested? Contact Margaret Kushiner via email at email@example.com